Established in 2013. Inaugural Fundraising Banquet held in Loveland, Colorado on February 23, 2013.
The 8th Annual Fundraising event is scheduled for February 15th, 2020 at the Larimer County Fairgrounds ‘The Ranch’ in Loveland, Colorado. For more information contact Kurt @ 970-590-6274
Allocations and Projects
OVER $250,000 TO COLORADO PROJECTS
Muley Fanatic Foundation joins partnership for large habitat restoration of mule deer wintering grounds.
(Rifle, CO) – Colorado chapters have recently joined a partnership to complete a habitat restoration project on the western slope of Colorado. The project area is located on BLM lands in the Cedar Mountain area north of Rifle Gap Reservoir. The chapters have allocated $15,000 to this project.
BLM and Colorado Parks and Wildlife have collaborated for several years in designing this project to hold more wintering mule deer and elk on Cedar Mountain, approximately 8 miles north of Rifle. The project area provides important mule deer and elk winter range as well as a winter concentration area for elk. CPW biologists regularly observe more wintering mule deer and elk in other parts of the watershed that support more open vegetation than they do on Cedar Mountain. Encroaching pinyon and juniper trees will be removed, and large mountain shrubs including serviceberry and Gambel oak will be masticated to promote more palatable and nutritious growth that is accessible to wintering big game.
Current and a few past projects the Colorado chapters have allocate since 2013.
- $10,000 to the Safe Highway 9 project in 2013
- $17,500 to Radium SWA Habitat Improvents 2013 – 2106
- $15,000 CRP Drill Equipment purchase with Pheasants Forever
- $35,000 to Cherokee SWA Habitat Improvements 2013 – 2016
- $15,000 to Safe Highway 9 Monitoring in 2014 to 2016$10,000 for Colorado Grassland Wildlife Regional Conservation Partnership
- $800 to Ouray SWA Water Development Project
- $40,000 for the Pineance Basin Fawn Capture/Collar Project
- $47,500 to BuckhornValley Wildlife Park in Eagle County
- $5,379 to Sage Grouse Initiative in NW Colorado
- $3,500 to the Stan Lueck Memorial Scholarship
Kurt Weaver and Scott Hampel.
If you are interested in volunteering or information for chapter, contact Scott @ 720-261-6232.